Tuesday, January 6, 2015

CHRISTMAS!




Merry Christmas everyone! My companion is great, He is a hard worker and obedient! Things are great, we are changing our area! We have a hard area, the people are super catholic but we are working hard.

Hope everyone has a great christmas! Remember that of all of your presents, none of them will compare to the gift God gave us. Only through Christ can we return and live with our Heavenly Father. Im excited to get to talk to my family! It feels like yesterday i was at the airport with you guys.

I love you all and am grateful for the love and support. I can feel your prayers. The mission has already changed my life. Im growing and learning everyday!

Hope you all have a great holliday season!!
 
Elder D.




and the following week:


It was great to talk to you guys! I love and miss you all so much! This week was great, pretty relaxing. It was great to focus on the true meaning of CHRISTmas. The people were alot more open to us in this time of year. We taught some great lessons about Christ and i felt the spirit really strong!

Christmas miracle! So i was thinking one day, what would be something i want to accomplish in my mission? I thought it would be cool to baptize a family and eventually have them be sealed together!  Not yesterday but the last sunday a man came and found us. He said he has a reference for us! We went to this house and its a family of 5. They are great! We have taught them twice and they came to church yesterday! Im my area its hard to baptize, even harder to baptize a family. In our area books there was less than 10 baptisms last year and they were all under the age of 20. So pray for the Castro family!

Here in Peru at midnight on Christmas Eve they all launch off fireworks! It was amazing to see the whole city lite up! In the states everyone is sleeping and anxiously waiting for the morning but here they party all night. Things here are pretty different, i saw a guy get hit by a car and then he got yelled at by the driver for breaking his rear view mirror.haha

We got to sing with all the missionaries serving in Arequipa! We went to the Plaza de Armas and we sang Christmas hymns. Alot of people came and watched, it was really spiritual.

Things are great! I love my mission. I'm happy, healthy and working hard! 2015 bring it on!!!
 
Elder D





No comments:

Post a Comment