Sunday, November 9, 2014

FIRST TRANSFER

Wow that time went by fast! I have learned alot in this past 6 weeks and have grown a lot. Before i left on my mission one thing that everyone told me is to be obedient. Being born in the church my mission is somthing that i have looked forward to forever and now that its here i want to be perfect.

The two big rules of the mission are to be obedient with exactness and to be happy. Ill be honest, i have struggled with this. These two things didnt go together for me. I have tried so hard to be obedient with exactness that i forget to be happy and when we arent obedient im not happy.

It took me 6 weeks to realize that no one is perfect even missionaries. This doesnt mean im going to be disobedient but i wont let it get me down. I have decided that i will do all i can do to be obedient  and if we return late to our room or arent obedient with exactness i wont get angry at my comp or be sad but ill work on it.

It is the same with the comandments. The Prophet and Apostles always say keep the comandments but no one can 100%. Its the reason  we need the atonement of Jesus Christ. If we try to be perfect without him, he died invain. As a missionary i have gained a greater appreciation of the atonement.

We cant reach perfection in this life. But like my farewell talk after all we can do, Jesus will through  down his rope. I will keep on trying my hardest. The more i have learned about the atonement and how it can help me in my life, the more i have been happy.

The work is hard right now. Our investigadors arent keeping comitments and attending. But i will keep on working hard. Im Happy and i wouldnt trade this experience for the world.










No comments:

Post a Comment